Saturday, March 13, 2010

More Sisi(ness)

Just as I am typing this, I realize why CCP have nicknamed the test server, Singularity, Sisi. It is a place where you can go and test setups, POS deployment, ect.. without risking anything. There is a no combat rule in effect everywhere except the systems with a FFA beacon, even in low and null sec. The test server is a safe haven where you can play around, learn, arrange 1v1, 1v1+ without fear of loss or of being set up and ganked. Everything costs 100 isk except faction items, so there is no real loss. In effect, a place for sissies (myself included!) to learn new skills.

So that is just what I did. I learned about the new planetary interaction expansion that will be coming here shortly, and messed about with several people that technically are my enemies. All in all, good fun. But I also took the opportunity to try ships in null sec that I wouldn't risk without knowing how sound they were otherwise. I fit an arty hurricane to test against the higher bounty rats, and also a Sacrilege heavy assault cruiser. The Sac is a fantastic PvP ship, or so I've heard, but I've yet to play around with it as my missile skills are generally not up to par. Mostly all my skills are in the level 2-3 range, with a few at lvl 4 or 5. Namely, the ones my character started with upon creation at level 5. Out of 18M skill points, 950k are in missiles. Fairly weak I'd say. So this is the fit I tried out:

Ballistic Control System II x2
Medium Armor Repairer II x2
Damage Control II

10MN MicroWarpdrive II
Warp Disruptor II
Stasis Webifier II
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 400

'Malkuth' Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I, Hellfire Assault Missile x5
Small Nosferatu II

Medium Anti-Thermic Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

Hobgoblin II x3

I have been perusing several fits online, and most pilots tank it more in the lows with resists and use the rigs for missile rigs, something I am going to try when I log back in. But the above fit I used against Serpentis rats to great effect. Mind you, this is not a ratting fit. But I never even got to try out the armour tank, as I never went below 50% shields. The only time I took damage was on approach, even against cruiser and BC rats. 1M+ battleship rats went down quickly, and if they ever did score a hit, it was just a scratch. This thing spews missiles like no other ship I have flown. I burned through 5k of them in just 30 minutes of ratting. Granted, it probably took that many because my skills are poor, but in a 10km orbit, I had a second volley on it's way before the first hit their target.

Needless to say, I am hooked! Here is a pic of the Sac at a Lava planet that was in system. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment