Sunday, March 14, 2010

More on PI

So not many changes have been put up on Sisi, but they did add silos since the first time I messed about with it. Last night I started some more testing, and from what I can tell, it seems to be coming along nicely. Here are some screenshots of what you can do. Take note, it will be more complex then what I have done, but this is the basic setup, no sense in cluttering up the screen until they seed more resources.

This is the first thing you see when entering the Planetary Interaction UI:

Using the right click, here I am placing an Ore Extraction facility to obtain aluminum, which will be sent back to my control center, and on to the processer:

Here is a more complete setup, the blue icons are extractors, both for ore and vapour, the red icon is the control center, green is the processor where the nitrogen and aluminum combine to make aluminum nitrate, and the new orange icon is the storage silo, where I have the processor dumping the finished product into it:

Here is a zoomed out view, showing that you can place extractors on the other side of the planet if need be:


The lines connecting all the facilities are links, and it is with these that you establish routes and their directions. You can also limit their bandwidth, but I haven't really determined why you'd want to do such a thing. Isn't the goal to get as much out as possible, to make the most product, to bring the most isk in? It seems the deposits are time limited as well as quantity limited, so I have yet to figure out what the purpose would be to limit the routes total volume.

Well, this is just a quick rundown, hopefully they will be posting more content sooner then the 3 weeks they said, so I will keep you updated as more comes onto Sisi!

No comments:

Post a Comment