Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The last few days

have been going fairly well in New Eden. I have begun to play a bit more, running missions and some very basic trading. I have set a goal of earning 14M isk per day, anything more is an added bonus. That is not all I have been doing though. Regardless of whether I am active in game, I am always active on the forums. Following announcements, player feedback, trends, trolls and flamers, and all the accompanying tidbits that comes with an active forum community.

PI feedback from Sisi is echoing what I have been posting here. Of course, there are always people who enjoy it and don't mind the tedium, but there is quite a lot of uproar about the tedious micromanaging, the lack of proposed features, and the general UI complaints that Eve is famous for. The clock is ticking, with less then 4 weeks to release, and I have my doubts. Hopefully, the final numbers will get adjusted and implemented soon so that people will be able to make finalized plans before this goes live.

There is some other news though. A few days ago, a thread started about a capsuleer who was able to appear right next to you, without showing up in local or on the directional scanner, and gank your ship right out from underneath you. Of course, the usual trolls came out, but things began to get more serious. Apparently, The Monkeysphere, of Pandemic Legion, has been using an exploit to kill macro-ratters (people who use programs to control their ship while not actively at the computer) for some time. Discussions began on other forums, namely an active Russian community forum, and they were quickly able to duplicate this exploit. As usual, with the community in a very vocal outpouring, CCP seems to have begun looking into this matter, but as of yet I have seen no actual official response that this is the case. Needless to say, I will be following this closely as exploits do have a serious negative impact on the Eve population.

No comments:

Post a Comment